Wednesday, December 5, 2007

splitsville

Slightly disappointed not to have landed anything at this last sale, but you've got to turn the page. Naturally, we like Veiled Reference and getting her brother would have been a logical move, but you've got to stick to a number (ours was $19,000; he went for $25,000) or you'll drive yourself batty. I think I've got a fairly solid process for assessing stock - certainly I've taken some lumps along the way to improve it - so I'm inclined to stick to my guns and just see what winds up clicking for us further on down the road.

Tim indicated that Veiled Reference would have a maintenance breeze this weekend before something a bit more serious next week. She seems to have come out of that last the right way and should be set for her best later this month with the two moves under her belt. Santa will be coming down the chimney with an AMEX bill, so let's hope she keeps on as she has. Catch you on the flip side.

No comments: