Thursday, December 20, 2007

just saying

It's worth checking out the latest news from Lambholm South, the Florida farm standing the great Express Tour. Our boy is on a roll. Isle Repo It won nicely at Calder this past week, posting a big speed figure going two turns and doing it the right way. Good to see that Express Tour has the few winners now, particularly given his small crop of 11 out of the gate. I told one of my friends down in Florida that I'll offer up my 2008 season to him for $750 and a six pack, so we'll see if I get any takers. Obviously, he's got a long road to haul, but I'm really encouraged by the type of horse that he's throwing. Just like the man himself, they're tough, fast, no-nonsense types that lay it down each time out. I'll take one of those all day over some of the flashier get that are more popular in the marketplace. He can be had for a song now, but if he can sustain what he's started into his second crop, he's in with a shot to make it. As I told my dad, they haven't sold him off to Turkey just yet, so he's doing something right. Here's hoping Isle Repo It rocks on with his bad self.

Closer to home, Nautical Agent will ship out from Overbrook next week to another local farm in Colts Neck. It's quieter than the training center, so maybe she won't get as fired up watching her barn mates train in the mornings. I've been told that they have a few show horses at this joint, so she'll have to get to work prepping for that life in the circus she's always wanted. All is well at last report. We'll probably x-ray the leg in February to see where it is and go from there.

No comments: