Monday, February 16, 2009

got milk?



Links to a few pictures from my visit to Fair Hill are posted below. I couldn't figure out how to add text after the photo link, so just went with a new post. It's all about quantity over quality, and entirely consistent with how I approach a lot of things. For example, some people might have bought a dozen roses for their Valentine. Me, I went with four dozen. Four dozen brownie bites from Costco, that is. Man, those things are good. I can feel my belly turning to jell-o as I eat them, but I can't stop myself. (I know, I know, you thought they were for my wife. Well, she thought that, too, so you're not alone.) I have a buddy that's had brownie bites for breakfast every morning for, like, the last 15 years. He just can't shake 'em. The best part, though, is that he's a doctor. Not quite as bad as the doctor who comes in from a smoke break to check you out, but I just know he's wiping off a few crumbs on those first patients he sees in the morning. "Anybody got milk around here?!?"

Veiled Reference looks good. You like that back end, huh? She's galloping away in the mornings for the next bit, working at a 20-second clip to start. Tim said that he'll pick it up in a few weeks, then add some speed work once she's nice and fit. She seemed happy enough to gallop, not overly keyed up, but relatively content with the current program. I'm sure she'll be glad once she's fit enough to pick up the pace. I'll get back to see her late this month, maybe bring some brownie bites and see how she likes those. It'll be a one for her, two for me kind of deal, so should make for a great visit.

No comments: