Friday, September 28, 2007

brandy, anyone?

Busy week with the sale coming up, but the pedigree should wrap up today/tomorrow before I head down to Maryland on Sunday. It's a good group in the mix, perhaps a bit light on NY-breds (they all seem to be going to the select sale in August or pointed to 2yo sales), but I'm pleased by what's in the hunt going in. I'll try to keep things up to speed on the sale as it unfolds.

Mass Romantic worked from the gate on Wednesday with an unraced 2yo from Mike Matz's barn (trainer of Barbaro). Tim was cool with the move, said she did it very well. She'll go once more, probably 5/8ths from the pole, before we stick her in the entries. Knee is good to train on, but race will be true measure of where it stands. Fingers are crossed...

Veiled Reference is calming down a bit in the mornings. She stood behind the gate yesterday and didn't totally lose it, so she's headed in the right direction. All is fine with her training, it's just these other maturity-related items that Tim wants to sort out as she embarks on her career. No sense in having too many anxiety-provoking issues in play if they're to be avoided. I'm thinking of sending down Kate for a consult. Anyway, she's probably about a week or two behind Mass Romantic.

Nautical Agent is ready to rock on Saturday. It's as tough as spot as you'll find at the level, but she'll do her thing and we'll hope to pick up a check. I'll be at the Rutgers game, so I'll have to make a few phone calls and see if they'll put the espn.com feed up on the scoreboard. We'll tailgate after the race, win or lose. That's how my grandmother taught me how to roll and it's always a sure-fire winner. Now where did I put that bottle...

No comments: