Saturday, September 29, 2007

rock steady

Nautical Agent finished a good second this afternoon at Finger Lakes. Chart of the race is here. The pace and race flow worked against her, but she did well to overcome the bit of a disadvantage and pick up a good piece of the purse. I don't think she was touching the winner one way or the other, so second best is fine on the day. Doug reported that she came out of the race well. She'll get a few weeks now to recharge and we'll pick something out to target. She's such an honest filly; it's really hard not to like her.

I'm off in the morning for Maryland and the yearling sale coming up on Monday. I've got a list of around twenty to inspect once down on the scene and it's a pretty good lot. There are offspring from a few sires that I'm keen to see and a number of solid, under-the-radar type families also on the list. My readership is just too vast to divulge any information here, though. I'm sure my competition regularly checks these pages for any nugget that might hint at my inner thinkings ("Is it too late for cookies and milk?). As I've mentioned, this has been a good sale for us in the past (say, 'hey', Nautical Agent), so fingers are crossed that we can land something.

I'm not sure what my computer situation will be (no laptop going down), but if I sneak down to DC to crash with my brothers, I'll try to get on the computer and post an update. If all of our bullets are fired for Monday, I'll probably head up tomorrow night before going back down for Tue/Wed. Should be a fun stretch of days. I've found that any excuse to drain the ING account always makes for good times.

No comments: