Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I see your little belly.



Stopped at Dutchess Views Farm in upstate NY to pay a visit to Nautical Agent. We were on our way back from Saratoga and thought it only right to see how she's getting on. From the look of her, it seems she's doing quite well. Aside from the hazing she gets from older broodmares in the paddock while out at night, she's none the worse for wear. She was pretty frisky during our visit, as she thought it was time to go out and roll around in the field. I could see how sitting around with us would be the bit of a disappointment. Sometimes when I'm forced to spend time with myself, I feel the bit of a letdown, too. We brought carrots, but Donna (spotted above) told us that she loves these horse mints you see my mom offering up.

Farm was about 25 miles off of route 87, located in very pretty country. If we go up for the NY Breeders' Sale in October, we'll stick our heads back in to say hi. Staff there very friendly and they were good to have us for the visit. Nautical maybe a little bit taller and only just showing (w/ Gold Fever's love foal). With some of the purses for NY-breds we saw up at Spa, hope is that she keeps up good work.

1 comment:

LindaVA said...

Thanks for the update on one of my favorite girls!