Wednesday, February 6, 2008

plan g

We're officially on fire in the entry box, demonstrating an uncanny ability to stop prospective race offerings stone cold. The colt race at Laurel was brought back at 3/4ths of a mile, as opposed to the 1m 1/16, so that was the end of that one. Today we knocked off the x2 for fillies, which was brought back at 1m 1/16, a 1/16th of a mile shorter than the 1m 1/8 in the book. We wanted the extra ground and there's a softer spot at a mile only a week later, so Veiled Reference will chill the extra few days and look to have a go on the 20th. The one turn mile is lame, yeah, but it should still be a fairly okay spot, unless Tagg/Motion/Trombetta all fish something up for the affair. Outside draw is the hope (remember the inside trip in debut?). I imagine she'll work once or twice between now and then.

Lucky me, I've got jury duty tomorrow morning. Maybe a few words on jury nullification will cut my day short. See, I wasn't always sleeping during those Poli Sci classes at Rutgers back in the day. Besides, knowing that I'd likely someday face a jury of my peers was reason enough to pay attention for that one. If you see reports tomorrow night of me being led off in handcuffs shouting, "It was a victimless crime! The law is no good!," please contact someone from my family. I'm much too soft for an extended stay in the big house.

No comments: