Wednesday, October 31, 2007

weekend visitors

Mass Romantic and Veiled Reference had some visitors over the weekend. Pictures have kindly been posted here. Both fillies seem to be enjoying the cooler weather.

I spotted that Hard Spun will stand for $50,000 at Darley next year, which sure beats the $75,000 for Street Sense. Maybe with a little bit of back and forth I'd be able to get that figure closer to $35,000, which would be a nice number for such a fine stallion prospect. It also beats the $5000 for Mr. Sekiguchi, an $8m yearling who proved an absolute turkey on the track. He was a dumpy kind of horse, really, so I think it's pretty funny that they'll talk him up as a stud now.

Nautical Agent ships out of upstate New York this weekend down to Overbrook Farm in Colts Neck, NJ. Not sure just yet where we'll go next, but she's in good shape and should be ready to rock and roll within the next week or so. I'll try to shoot down and visit; haven't seen her since Fair Hill earlier in the summer.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Cool that you linked to my photos. I have many more of Veiled Reference and Mass Romantic if you'd like them. I was shooting pics of all of the horses in Tim's care for his website. It was a fun day!

Wendy

Sean said...

Hi, Wendy. Yes, the photos were great. Thanks for posting them. It's always fun to see how the fillies are getting on. I'd love any others that you might have.

Glad you enjoyed yourself at Fair Hill. Tim and his gang are great hosts and the horses quite enjoy the set-up. Thanks for your note!
Sean

Wendy said...

Here's a link to more photos of Mass Romantic and Veiled Reference. The sunlight wasn't too cooperative for the Veiled Reference photos - I'll try to do better next time :)

Sean said...

Wendy,
Thanks a million. Shots are really cool. What kind of camera do you use? I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those Canon SLRs if only to finally get a few decent shots of the fillies at the gallop. Typically, by the time I snap away, they're already out of the frame (even Nautical Agent). Thanks again for posting!
Sean

Wendy said...

Glad you like them Sean. I use a Canon Digital Rebel XT. It's been a great camera for me and not hugely expensive. For the action shots it shoots 3 shots a second. The real pro cameras will do about 7 per second. I just can't afford that working for a non-profit... :) I also use a 70-300 zoom lense. I like it quite a bit.

Wendy