Friday, October 5, 2007

Monday, Monday

Mass Romantic will make her return to the races on Monday at Delaware Park. Entries are here. The race came up salty enough, but we're just looking to see enough out of her to signal that all is well with her knee and that she's set for a campaign through the winter. The race can be viewed at espn.com (link here), post time is approximately 2:30 EST. Tim reports that she's coming into the race in good order. She's not super-cranked, but fit enough to put in a run. With any kind of luck, it should set her up for something slightly softer next out down at Laurel.

I'll get on to Woolley at some point over the weekend. I know Veiled Reference is due to work over these next few days, so I'll find out how she's doing. We might have a road trip coming up in the next week or so to check out her younger brother down on a farm in Virginia. He's a weanling colt by Lion Hearted and looks like a nice, correct, solid-boned (like his sister) prospect. We like her, obviously, so it makes sense to check him out. If the owner reads the blog, well, I've tipped my hand, but somehow, I think our secret is safe.

No comments: