Wednesday, April 15, 2009

grab the keys!

Veiled Reference is in the entries for Saturday! They said it would never happen, that T Street would never enter a horse again, but we have proved the doubters wrong! It's been a year and change in the making, so, yeah, it's good to be back in the game, baby. Filly drew a nice outside spot against WV-bred fillies going 4 1/2 furlongs. There's a little bit of speed right in and around her, so she looks to sit a pretty good trip if all goes well. Tim said she was pretty sharp from the gate last week - wouldn't surprise me to see her fairly forwardly placed. Distance a touch short, but money is right relative to the competition, and this bad boy should set her up for more ground in next. Tim, ever the perfectionist, wanted 2-3 more works before diving in, but once I explained that I just had to have her in on Charles Town's big day, he bit the bullet. I know, I know, why not the Preakness under card? Purses too crummy, man. Plus, I need Veiled Reference to pick up a few bucks so I can get Kate something for her birthday next week. Race will be fed live here.

No comments: