Tuesday, November 27, 2007

turnpike dreams

We've finally managed to land Nautical Agent in a race. She's entered on Saturday, 12/1, down at Philadelphia Park in the 10th. Post time is at 4:28pm and the video feed will be available from the track's website. It's not the most ideal spot, but it should serve to knock off some of the rust from this month-plus break dating back to her last at Finger Lakes in NY. She's doing well at Overbrook, but has always been a filly that's better with a few races under her belt. If all goes well on Saturday, she'll put in a run, come back in good order and be ready for action again in 10-14 days. I'll explain to her after the race that I've got Christmas shopping to do, so now is not the time of year to be messing around. I can hear it already if things don't work out, "Oh, Sean, this is great. I've always wanted Crest toothpaste with extra whitening. How did you know?"

Weekend was to be busy enough with mixed sale at Timonium on the calendar. I'm looking at weanlings (little babies) and will head down on Sunday to check them out. From the work I've done so far, the pedigrees are holding up nicely. We'll see how things play out on the physical side, but I like the mix of pedigrees consigned to the sale. Maybe I'll catch a break with the stock market all over the place and banks writing off hundreds of billions in losses. If we can't find horses, I'll just buy banking and housing stocks on the cheap. I'd just be worried that they'd make for awfully dry blogging material.

No comments: